如果你想对向你求助的人表示“可以”,你可以使用这些短语来表示同意。
1.Sure.
当然。
2.No problem.
没问题。
3.I’d be happy to help you.
能帮到你我很高兴。
4.It would be my pleasure.
我的荣幸。
5.I’d be glad to help out.
我很乐意帮助你。
当你同意帮助别人时,询问更多具体的信息是很常见的。例如,如果你的朋友请你帮助他完成一个项目,你可能会提出一些疑问,从而明白需要做什么。
如果你不能帮助别人,需要拒绝的话,你可以用这些回答来拒绝别人的求助。
1.I’m afraid I can’t.
恐怕我不行。
2.Sorry, but I’m unable + infinitive.
抱歉,但我不能+不定式。
3.Unfortunately, I’m not able + infinitive.
很可惜,我不能+不定式。
4.Regrettably, I can’t + verb
很遗憾,我能不能+动词。
拒绝别人不是一件趣事,但有时候却是必要的。通常,如果不能帮到别人,我们会提出另一个方案来帮助解决问题。
NO.1
Peter: Hi Anna. I’ve got a favor to ask. Would you mind cooking dinner tonight? I’m kind of busy.
你好,安娜,我想请你帮个忙。你介意今晚做晚饭吗?我有点忙。
Anna: Sure, Peter. What would you like for dinner?
当然可以,皮特。你晚饭想吃什么?
Peter: Could I trouble you to make some pasta?
能麻烦你做点意大利面吗?
Anna: That’s sounds good. Let’s have pasta. Which type of sauce should I make?
听起来不错。那就吃意大利面吧,我还用哪种沙司呢?
Peter: Would it be too much trouble to make a four cheese sauce?
你能用起司沙司吗?
Anna: No, that’s easy. Yum. Good idea.
好的,这很容易。嗯,好主意。
Peter: Thanks Anna. That really helps me out.
谢谢安娜。你真帮了我大忙了。
Anna: No problem.
没问题。
NO.2
Mark: Hey, could you please help me with the homework?
嘿,能请你教我做家庭作业吗?
Susan: I’d be glad to help out. What seems to be the problem.
很乐意帮助你。你在哪方面遇到了困难呢?
Mark: I don’t get this equation. Would you mind explaining it to me?
这个方程式我解不出来。
Susan: No problem. It’s difficult!
没问题。这的确有难度啊。
Mark: Yeah, I know. Thanks a lot.
是的,我知道。非常感谢。
Susan: Don’t worry about it.
不要担心。
NO.1
Employee: Hello, Mr. Smith. Could I ask you a question?
你好,史密斯先生。我能问你一个事儿吗?
Boss: Sure, what do you need?
当然,你想问什么?
Employee: Would it be too much trouble for you to let me come in at 10 tomorrow morning?
能麻烦你明早10点钟让我进来好吗?
Boss: Oh, that’s a little difficult.
噢,这有点困难啊。
Employee: Yes, I know it’s last moment, but I have to go to the dentist.
是,我知道太晚了。但我不得不去看牙医。
Boss: I’m afraid I can’t let you come in late tomorrow. We really need you at the meeting.
恐怕明天我不能让你那么晚来。我们真的需要你参加明天的会议。
Employee: OK, I just thought I’d ask. I’ll get a different appointment.
好吧,我只是问问。我会再约个时间的。
Boss: Thanks, I appreciate it.
谢谢。
NO.2
Brother: Hey. Would you mind letting me watch my show?
嘿,你介意让我看看节目吗?
Sister: Sorry, but I can’t do that.
抱歉,不行。
Brother: Why not?!
为什么不行?!
Sister: I’m watching favorite show now.
我现在在看我最喜欢的节目呢。
Brother: But I’m going to miss my favorite game show!
但我就要错过我最喜欢的游戏节目了!
Sister: Watch it online. Don’t bother me.
去网上看,别烦我。
Brother: Could you please watch your show online, it’s a rerun!
那能请你去网上看吗?它有重播的!
Sister: Sorry, but I’m unable to do that. You’ll just have to watch it later.
抱歉,不行,你待会再看吧。